Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Sunset Hills. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Sunset Hills
Eco friendly products are taking the market by storm as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) continues to increase awareness regarding the effects of using toxic cleaners and materials. Volatable Organic Compounds also called VOCs are solvent composites which get released into the air under normal temperature conditions. The liquid evaporates into gas form without any additional temperature or environmental change. Their low boiling point makes it easy for many molecules to enter the air as evaporation occurs. Paint is a good example because the formaldehyde slowly evaporates while it is sitting idle. VOCs are very dangerous to people, animals, and the environment. They can be found either in natural or man-made compounds. Use of these substitutes in doors is regulated because the release concentration is higher. Long term health conditions can develop from extended exposure. Skin, eye, or throat irritations are the short term signs of inhalation. Eco friendly solvents labeled low-VOC or no-VOC are a safer alternative to many of the standard cleaning solutions used today by businesses.
Industrial Solvents : Choosing a Safe and Functional Cleaner
Industrial solvents have evolved to include options with high performance capabilities but reduced negative effects. Paints, strippers, cleaners, pesticides, and adhesives are examples of VOC emitting products. Most emit at least a small amount into the air when used and stored. Pollutant levels may remain in the air for an extended period of time after usage. Industrial facilities are a setting where compound release can be very high. Automotive, aeronautic, and military environments consistently use degreasers or cleaners. The EPA provides specific regulations regarding types of chemicals including restrictions on certain organic solvents. Eco-friendly alternatives make it easier for a business to meet guidelines and still obtain needed performance.
Finding a replacement for high VOC industrial solvents should be the first step a business takes to increase safety in the workplace. This step forward also creates a better green image for a business. Reduced costs are a direct result of limited compound release and minimal hazard clean up. A business can take other measures to reduce VOC release as well. Ventilation should always meet if not exceed the solvent recommendations. Store containers appropriatively, ensure workers handle them as specified, and dispose of all used solvent according to requirements. Organic compounds are most dangerous in an enclosed environment. The EPA estimates indoor concentrations to average one thousand times more than measured outdoors.
Testing of eco friendly solvents occurs prior to the inclusion of color additives. These also emit organic compounds and can increase the amount released into the air from each solvent. This is important to keep in mind when selecting an alternative cleaner for business or home use. Water-based solvents have lower VOC levels and green products do not add additional compounds to the air during use. An industrial facility in most scenarios can not use water-based products due to the nature of the cleaning. They are utilized to clean parts that are susceptible to corrosion or rusting when exposed to water. These environments must use a chemical based solution that may be replaced with a lower VOC product.
Different Kinds of Eco-Friendly Bags
Which products help the environment when you use them? This is one of the important questions in finding eco-friendly products. There are a number of ways of going green, and we should do all of them because our environmental situation is urgent. Buying eco-friendly products are one of the crucial ways of going green. So which ones are eco-friendly?
Which are the products that help the environment when you use them? Here is a quick list of products that help the environment, organized into 3 categories:
Those that reduce our need dirty for energy and help produce clean energy:
-Solar panels on the house
-Wind generators on our house or in the neighborhood
-Solar chargers, flashlights, etc.
Those that lower our energy consumption:
-LED light bulbs and screens
-Digital reading gadgets
Those that reduce or eliminate harm done to the environment:
-Bicycles (it's not too late to take up this past-time and get in shape while saving the planet)
-Push lawn-mowers (yes, another habit-changing device)
Take out a pencil and see if you can't come up with a list of more eco-friendly items or products that help the environment with their use. Think about those things that you have in your house already that help the environment. Expand your mind to consider more than just "Green" or "Eco-Friendly" products. Think about those products you could use to replace current energy-hogs or products that are more reusable and/or more easily disposable.
If you haven't started already, now is the time to start out onto the path of going green. Eco-friendly products are a good way to begin.
Thanks for reading about eco-friendly products that help the environment, a great start to going green!
Sunset Hills Safe Household Cleaning Products