Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Glendale. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Glendale
Eco-friendly technology (also known as sustainable technology) is a means of taking energy and converting it into usable power such as electricity, home heating, and so on... but from renewable resources which do not harm the environment. In other words, utilizing resources such as solar power which is constantly renewable, as opposed to burning off fossil fuels which only gets consumed without the source being renewed, and just adds to the growing carbon footprint we are stomping upon the Earth. What are some of these resources and how can we use them today? Let's take a look...
One kind of eco-friendly technology, as mentioned above, is solar energy. Since its big boom of popularity in the seventies, the energy output of photovoltaic cells ("solar panels") has greatly increased, along with the efficiency of its production, from more efficient and less expensive materials. Where it used to cost many thousands of dollars decades ago to cover a small home's roof with an array of solar panels to power most of the homes appliances, being only able to pay for itself many years down the road, these days people are spending less than a couple hundred dollars on cheaply procurable components to build a single solar panel on a weekend project to power a handful of appliances on the single panel alone.
Another type of eco-friendly technology involves the use of geothermal power. By driving a network of pipes into the ground below a house's foundation and running water through them, the heat from the Earth is transferred into the water which is then pumped through the house. This heated water provides the home with hot water and can also be converted into usable electricity through the use of heat exchangers and heat pump generators. This type of energy extraction from the surrounding environment is also utilizing a renewable resource, as the heat taken is constantly being provided by the sun as the Earth stores it day by day. It could actually be considered a solar-geothermal system at work here.
One final eco-friendly technology type we can look at here is wind power. There are many homes today which are fully powered by one or two windmill powered electricity generators, hooked up to battery cells much like those used for forklifts in order to store the surplus electricity generated and regulate the flow of it for constant in-home use for appliances and heating or air-conditioning equipment. These are just a few of the many ways in which we can take free energy from the surrounding environment in order to benefit from what nature gives us in constant supply, instead of relying upon the burning of fossil fuels which only get consumed and return pollution to the Earth and its environments.
If house cleaning isn't your forte, and you really want your carpet to look as good as new for some time to come, you should send it to a professional cleaning company. However, a majority of carpet cleaning companies use cleaning products which contain highly toxic substances like acids, naphthalene, perchloroethylene and formaldehyde. But all is not lost.
Today, people have become more aware of their health and wellbeing. That's why there are carpet cleaning professionals who offer green cleaning methods. So, always opt for an eco-friendly carpet cleaning service that saves the world as well as delivers your carpet to your doorstep perfectly clean.
Advantages of environmentally friendly cleaning products
• They do not contain any toxic ingredients- They are made using natural and organic materials which are biodegradable and do not cause any harm to the environment.
• They help in saving the environment- They say that every little step counts towards making the world greener and cleaner. Well, using eco-friendly cleaning products certainly is a small step, but it is turning out to be quite a popular option. These products prove to be as effective as other cleaning products and they are less harmful. You can reduce your carbon footprints by opting for environmentally-friendly carpet cleaning.
• There are many eco-friendly alternatives available at affordable rates- If you choose to buy a brand name eco-friendly cleaning, the price might be slightly higher than the regular products. But there are a number of alternatives that are available at cheaper rates. Organic carpet cleaning can also be ordered online at discounted rates.
• Some household items which are eco-friendly can be used to clean your carpet- You can use alcohol, vinegar or baking soda to clean your carpet and keep it looking fresh. Using these is much cheaper than buying industrial cleaning products. You can also try using club soda, borax or mild dishwashing soap.
• They are healthier options- Regular carpet cleaning products tend to leave harmful toxic residues on the carpet even after thorough rinsing and drying. These can severely affect the health of your pets or family members. Organic cleaning products are much healthier options! Even if they leave behind a residue, you needn't worry about the havoc it will wreak with the health of your loved ones.
• They keep your carpet clean for longer periods of time- Regular cleaning often leave behind a chemical residue which tends to attract dirt and dust particles. Organic cleaning products do not leave any such residue. So, the chances of your carpet attracting dirt and allergens reduce significantly.
Using eco-friendly, organic products and techniques is rapidly becoming a popular trend and many carpet cleaning services are also switching to eco-friendly products.
Glendale Eco Steam Carpet Cleaning