Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Solano Canyon. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Solano Canyon
Eco-friendly bags have become a dominant feature in the promotional products industry especially because there has been an increased awareness in the need for the sustainability of the environment. Most businesses have made the choice to use these bags during their promotional campaigns because the bags are environmentally friendly but also because they can be made in a stylish way and this makes them look good. There is always a definite boost in the image of a company that uses such products for their promotional campaign. But what are the different kinds of Eco-friendly bags that are available?
The first type of Eco-friendly bags are the reusable or recyclable ones that are made out of material that can be used over and over again without causing harm to the environment. The materials that are used to manufacture Eco-friendly bags are in most cases used from waste and people will most probably not need them. These materials can be put into good use by turning them into reusable bags that are Eco-friendly. These bags are made by using materials that are acquired after they have been taken through a process that makes them into a fabric that is reusable without creating any harm to Eco system. Such materials because will later disintegrate without any problem. The products actually look good and have great benefit to the environment.
The different types of environmentally friendly bags are evident in the classifications of materials that are used to manufacture the bags. Vinyl is the most commonly used material as far as reusable bags are concerned although there is also canvas, hemp, nylon, cotton and recycled plastic. There is also jute material, organic bags and paper carry bags. All these materials can be used for promotional purposes and they can be made in different colors and designed in ways that suit any company depending on how the company wants them to look.
Another major difference with regards to Eco-bags is the way that they are manufactured and especially how their styles are designed. Many of these bags will come in the tote style of and are made with short handles. The bag is usually square in shape and very much familiar to plastic or paper bags. Sometimes these bags can be made with handles that are long and are capable of accommodating lots of luggage with some having a bottom that is leveled out and can be used to carry luggage without difficulty. Generally, you will find very many different types of Eco-friendly bags.
Environmentally friendly bags are also available in an assortment of patterns, structures and colors that can allow a company to show their customers appreciation through gifting. They can also be used to send the theme message of the company thus enhancing the image of the company while at the same time taking the care to be environmentally friendly. Nonetheless, while there are many types of Eco-friendly bags, the canvas pack bag is one that is very popular because of its durability and the fact that it looks quite trendy. This is one environmentally friendly bag that is washable and can be used again and again. These bags are actually more practical and have many advantages when examined in contrast to many other types of Eco-friendly bags.
Going Green With Eco-Friendly Products - Buy Products Made From Renewable Resources
What makes eco furniture eco-friendly? It seems every furniture company is now touting their furniture as green, earth-friendly or sustainable but what does that really mean? How does a consumer make intelligent and conscientious choices when shopping for green furniture?
Here's a list of the Top Five Questions to ask your furniture salesperson to see if their wood furniture is indeed eco-friendly:
- Is the furniture made of all natural solid wood? Are any components of the furniture made with plywood or particle board? Solid wood furniture will endure, often for generations, whereas particle board furniture will likely be out on the curbside in 5 years or less.
- Where did the wood in my furniture originate? Was it grown in a sustainably managed forest, or was it harvested perhaps illegally in third world countries where the world's rainforests are rapidly disappearing? Local woods that tend to be sustainably harvested in the USA include cherry, maple, oak and walnut. If you're looking at furniture made out of tropical and/or exotic woods, like mahogany, teak or rosewood however, chances are quite good that they were illegally harvested from endangered rainforest habitats and brought to the USA with counterfeit documentation. Check with the furniture seller to be sure they know where the wood came from and whether or not it is certified as being sustainably harvested.
- Is the furniture free of toxic chemicals, dyes, stains, glues, formaldehydes, finishes and resins? This is not only an indoor air health issue, but an environmental issue as well. Look for natural solid wood furniture, with natural, non-toxic finishes and adhesives that do not off-gas. At a minimum, smell your furniture before buying it!
- Is the furniture made in the USA? American made furniture is built to higher standards than most imports which are produced cheaply in sweatshops in China and VietNam. And since you are closer to US manufacturers, you have a much better chance of getting them to resolve any potential problems, should they arise down the road.
- Is the furniture backed by a lifetime guarantee? You thought nothing was backed by a lifetime guarantee these days, didn't you? Believe it or not, many small furniture makers build their wood furniture to last a lifetime and they happily back it with a lifetime guarantee. It's a valuable feature that could save you many thousands of dollars in replacement costs over the years.
Asking a few questions about the nature of the eco friendly furniture you're purchasing will help you select truly sustainable items that will not jeopardize your family's health and will be heirlooms you'll be proud to own and enjoy for many years. Isn't it worth the asking a few questions?
Solano Canyon Pet Friendly Carpet Cleaning