Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Pasadena. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Pasadena
Eco-friendly living is taking a new turn. We have the ecofriendly clothing, eco office supplies and organic food but there are some products out there that you wouldn't think could be green. It's great to see so many people stretching the idea of green living to other areas of life. Here is a list of the top 5 things you wouldn't think could be eco-friendly.
1) Eco-friendly textile coffins: Who knew that eco-friendly living could be utilized even when you're not living. There is a new trend emerging and it is green coffins. Many of the eco coffins out there are made from recycled newspaper and recycled silk and mulberry leaves. Some are even made of extra thick corrugated board or cardboard. These cardboard and recycled paper coffins are good for the environment and are just as functional as traditional coffins. Eco-friendly coffins are a great way to make your last green impression.
2) Eco-friendly fireworks: With the fourth of July behind us those that are big firework fans are preparing for next years celebration or really any occasion to set off some fireworks. Traditional fireworks are fun and exciting but can harm the environment. Scientist are trying to come up with more earth friendly fireworks that wouldn't produce as much smoke and toxins as traditional fireworks do. There's no telling when these fireworks will be on the market but you can expect that they will be more expensive than traditional fireworks. Look out for these environmentally friendly fireworks!
3) Eco-friendly pizza box: Looking to enjoy a delicious pizza anytime soon? There is a new pizza box out there that is made from completely recycled and recyclable corrugated cardboard. The manufacturer of the eco pizza box not only produced the box from recyclable good but also made it more eco-friendly by allowing the consumer to make plates from the box. The top of the eco-box can be made into four individual serving plates so there is no extra need for paper or plastic plates. The bottom portion of the pizza box can then be folded over to store leftover pizza in any refrigerator.
4) Eco NBC studio: That's right there is an eco-friendly NBC studio. With Jimmy Fallon taking the stage as NBC's "Late Night" host, he has requested everything in the studio be green. He wants everything to be earth friendly so they will be using recycled metal and all green lighting. This will be the first eco television studio that will be completely green. This will sure bring him more support from earth conscious viewers.
5) Green bathrooms: The Habana Outpost is Brooklyn, New York is the first ecofriendly eatery in its area. Not only is their food delicious and affordable they also have an eco-friendly bathroom that is worth mentioning. Their eco-friendly bathroom is a greenhouse style bathroom that has a sink and toilet rainwater recycling system. This bathroom saves an average of 40,000 gallons of water a week! This environmentally friendly bathroom doubles as a functioning green house, so next time your in Brooklyn, NY be sure to stop by this bathroom.
Top Ten Eco-Friendly Office Products
By using eco-friendly baby products and organic baby accessories, you are taking a positive step towards keeping our environment clean. Also, using earth-friendly baby products is very important for your baby's health. In light of global warming, there needs to be drastic measures taken worldwide to curb the effects of this phenomenon.
Earth changes such as melting polar ice caps, climate changes, and many other concerns that we face, affects each and every one of us on this planet. Every bit of effort is vitally important in saving our world and our children's future. Let us take a look at some great ways to help both your baby and mother earth.
Natural Organic and biodegradable diapers
Millions of diapers, both disposable and cloth, continue to fill up landfills every year. Yet, many of these diapers are made from plastic, chlorinated materials and other undesirable compounds. The plastic is not biodegradable and chlorinated materials pose a serious threat to our waters. Other undesirable compounds can also cause health problems to children.
By using 100% natural, organic, non-chlorinated cloth diapers, you will be helping both your child and the environment. You can find them made from a variety of fabric such as cotton, wool, and hemp suitable for baby and the earth. Use natural cloth wipes instead of disposable wipes. Disposable wipes contain chemical ingredients that can be harmful to babies sensitive skin. These wipes may also contain fibers that are also not biodegradable.
Convenience can be a huge factor for busy lifestyles of families with young children wearing diapers. So, it is to no amazement that millions of disposable diapers are sold every year. These types of diapers do not meet the criteria of concern for baby and the planet. Though, there seems to be a company out of Oregon (gdiapers.com) that has met all the requirements for safe, biodegradable and convenience through a flushable product. Could this be true?
The presence of Bisphenol-A (BPA) in plastic bottles is a very serious concern especially in baby bottles. Tests have shown that BPA leachesthrough the repeated use of bottles containing the chemical. BPA is known to cause health problems in animals and considered to be harmful to humans and the environment. Some plastic bottles leach can leach adipates and phthalates that are linked to reproductive problems and liver cancers in mice.
Look into using different bottles such as glass or #5 plastic bottles. Plastic bottles made of #5 are the most recyclable and have not yet been found to leach BPA. To prevent the presence of bacteria and injury you will want to periodically examine the bottles for scratches, chips and cracks. A safe choice for nipples would be silicone. Make sure they meet the highest standard. Also, look into aluminum and stainless steel water bottles which can also be recycled after repeated use.
When it comes to washing baby clothing and diapers, use laundry soap that is environmentally responsible. These soaps are 100% natural, plant-based and biodegradable. They are non-toxic, chlorine free, enzyme free, GM free, dye-free, hypo-allergenic and petroleum free. Clearly, they are the safest for your baby.
Natural organic clothing
Purchase baby clothes made from 100% certified organic cotton or 100% organic wool. They both are pesticide and chemical-free and are not treated with toxic dyes and formaldehyde before the finishing of the garment, all of which can contaminate our land, air and water. By dressing your baby in organic clothing, they will not be exposed to these dangerous agents and at the same time you will helping to support organic farming
There are many more baby products and baby accessories that are natural, organic and safe for your child. Keep in mind, due diligence is of the upmost importance in your search of these wonderful products. Not all products are 100% certified organic and they may contain the harmful elements to both your baby and the environment. May your journey be a contribution to helping our planet.
Pasadena Commercial Carpet Cleaning Companies