Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Pasadena. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Pasadena
If house cleaning isn't your forte, and you really want your carpet to look as good as new for some time to come, you should send it to a professional cleaning company. However, a majority of carpet cleaning companies use cleaning products which contain highly toxic substances like acids, naphthalene, perchloroethylene and formaldehyde. But all is not lost.
Today, people have become more aware of their health and wellbeing. That's why there are carpet cleaning professionals who offer green cleaning methods. So, always opt for an eco-friendly carpet cleaning service that saves the world as well as delivers your carpet to your doorstep perfectly clean.
Advantages of environmentally friendly cleaning products
• They do not contain any toxic ingredients- They are made using natural and organic materials which are biodegradable and do not cause any harm to the environment.
• They help in saving the environment- They say that every little step counts towards making the world greener and cleaner. Well, using eco-friendly cleaning products certainly is a small step, but it is turning out to be quite a popular option. These products prove to be as effective as other cleaning products and they are less harmful. You can reduce your carbon footprints by opting for environmentally-friendly carpet cleaning.
• There are many eco-friendly alternatives available at affordable rates- If you choose to buy a brand name eco-friendly cleaning, the price might be slightly higher than the regular products. But there are a number of alternatives that are available at cheaper rates. Organic carpet cleaning can also be ordered online at discounted rates.
• Some household items which are eco-friendly can be used to clean your carpet- You can use alcohol, vinegar or baking soda to clean your carpet and keep it looking fresh. Using these is much cheaper than buying industrial cleaning products. You can also try using club soda, borax or mild dishwashing soap.
• They are healthier options- Regular carpet cleaning products tend to leave harmful toxic residues on the carpet even after thorough rinsing and drying. These can severely affect the health of your pets or family members. Organic cleaning products are much healthier options! Even if they leave behind a residue, you needn't worry about the havoc it will wreak with the health of your loved ones.
• They keep your carpet clean for longer periods of time- Regular cleaning often leave behind a chemical residue which tends to attract dirt and dust particles. Organic cleaning products do not leave any such residue. So, the chances of your carpet attracting dirt and allergens reduce significantly.
Using eco-friendly, organic products and techniques is rapidly becoming a popular trend and many carpet cleaning services are also switching to eco-friendly products.
Help Clean Our Environment by Using Eco-Friendly Baby Products and Organic Baby Accessories
By using eco-friendly baby products and organic baby accessories, you are taking a positive step towards keeping our environment clean. Also, using earth-friendly baby products is very important for your baby's health. In light of global warming, there needs to be drastic measures taken worldwide to curb the effects of this phenomenon.
Earth changes such as melting polar ice caps, climate changes, and many other concerns that we face, affects each and every one of us on this planet. Every bit of effort is vitally important in saving our world and our children's future. Let us take a look at some great ways to help both your baby and mother earth.
Natural Organic and biodegradable diapers
Millions of diapers, both disposable and cloth, continue to fill up landfills every year. Yet, many of these diapers are made from plastic, chlorinated materials and other undesirable compounds. The plastic is not biodegradable and chlorinated materials pose a serious threat to our waters. Other undesirable compounds can also cause health problems to children.
By using 100% natural, organic, non-chlorinated cloth diapers, you will be helping both your child and the environment. You can find them made from a variety of fabric such as cotton, wool, and hemp suitable for baby and the earth. Use natural cloth wipes instead of disposable wipes. Disposable wipes contain chemical ingredients that can be harmful to babies sensitive skin. These wipes may also contain fibers that are also not biodegradable.
Convenience can be a huge factor for busy lifestyles of families with young children wearing diapers. So, it is to no amazement that millions of disposable diapers are sold every year. These types of diapers do not meet the criteria of concern for baby and the planet. Though, there seems to be a company out of Oregon (gdiapers.com) that has met all the requirements for safe, biodegradable and convenience through a flushable product. Could this be true?
The presence of Bisphenol-A (BPA) in plastic bottles is a very serious concern especially in baby bottles. Tests have shown that BPA leachesthrough the repeated use of bottles containing the chemical. BPA is known to cause health problems in animals and considered to be harmful to humans and the environment. Some plastic bottles leach can leach adipates and phthalates that are linked to reproductive problems and liver cancers in mice.
Look into using different bottles such as glass or #5 plastic bottles. Plastic bottles made of #5 are the most recyclable and have not yet been found to leach BPA. To prevent the presence of bacteria and injury you will want to periodically examine the bottles for scratches, chips and cracks. A safe choice for nipples would be silicone. Make sure they meet the highest standard. Also, look into aluminum and stainless steel water bottles which can also be recycled after repeated use.
When it comes to washing baby clothing and diapers, use laundry soap that is environmentally responsible. These soaps are 100% natural, plant-based and biodegradable. They are non-toxic, chlorine free, enzyme free, GM free, dye-free, hypo-allergenic and petroleum free. Clearly, they are the safest for your baby.
Natural organic clothing
Purchase baby clothes made from 100% certified organic cotton or 100% organic wool. They both are pesticide and chemical-free and are not treated with toxic dyes and formaldehyde before the finishing of the garment, all of which can contaminate our land, air and water. By dressing your baby in organic clothing, they will not be exposed to these dangerous agents and at the same time you will helping to support organic farming
There are many more baby products and baby accessories that are natural, organic and safe for your child. Keep in mind, due diligence is of the upmost importance in your search of these wonderful products. Not all products are 100% certified organic and they may contain the harmful elements to both your baby and the environment. May your journey be a contribution to helping our planet.
Pasadena Commercial Carpet Cleaning Companies