Going Green is not just a trend. It’s a priority for all of us if we want to continue to live on a beautiful, life-giving planet. Thinking of ways of going green, however, is not always easy. Just because we buy organic food and recycle doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much of a practical impact. We need to have a whole plan for Going Green. One element in that plan should be buying eco-friendly products or Glendale. But how do we find eco-friendly products? Well, one way is to buy products made from renewable resources.
Buying products made from renewable resources should be a priority for each of us when going green. These types of eco-friendly products insure that we don’t use earth’s resources too quickly. We need to let our planet replenish it’s natural resources at the same rate as we are consuming them.
So, what are good eco-friendly products– products made from renewable resources?
Here’s a list of 10 types of products made from renewable resources:
1. Paper products- while these should be used sparingly, they are better than plastic in that they are biodegradable and come from renewable trees
2. Cotton products
3. Spudware- biodegradable cutlery made from potatoes, corn, and soy oils
4. Solar energy- solar panels on your house, solar battery chargers, etc.
5. Bio-based tableware- for example, plates and bowls made by Earthshell
6. Bamboo products- bamboo furniture, bamboo cotton clothes, etc. (a good alternative to other tree products, as bamboo is highly renewable because of it’s fast rate of growth)
7. Digital products- Highly reproducible, long-lasting, only needing the support of electricity
8. Wind energy- support wind energy development in your city, county, and state; consider getting electricity from wind power at your home.
9. Bio-based fuels- while not always the most sustainable option, they are renewable
10. Plant-based cleaners- great products made from renewable resources to help you in going green and healthier for your body
Here are 5 products not made from renewable resources that should be avoided:
1. Plastics- while renewable plastics are being researched, currently plastics are made from petroleum a non-renewable resource
2. Many paper cups and plates- while the paper is renewable, the plastic coating is from petroleum and makes the product take about 500 years to biodegrade
3. Wood in furniture or other products from old-growth rainforests- while these are technically renewable, the amount of carbon released into the environment and the incredibly slow rate at which they replenish themselves makes them for all practical purposes non-renewable and definitely not eco-friendly products.
4. Energy from oil and coal- gasoline products and coal-based energy are highly non-renewable; unfortunately, much of our electricity currently comes from coal. Consider the switch to solar or wind energy in your home as your first big step in going green.
So continue on the path to going green by changing your purchasing habits. Decide to buy products made from renewable resources.
House Cleaning With Eco-Friendly Products and Glendale
Office supplies include the products used day to day in places of business which are items like paper, staples, laser printers, computers, printers, fax machine and so on. Amongst these the most widely used is the paper in many kinds and forms. Paper is manufactured by cutting down millions of trees and this action is highly criticized since it destroys the Earth's natural habitat. This in turn gives rise to many hazardous consequences. The answer to all these ecologically damaging activities is recycling. To save trees we need to save paper. Also there are other natural resources like steel used in staplers that are abundantly utilized leading to a lot of wastage therein.
Keeping the environment and the non-renewable sources in mind, today many companies are involved in the production of eco friendly office supplies. In this consumption-driven world the use of green office products like recycled paper and other eco-friendly goods slows down depletion of forest resources, extends landfill life and reduces energy consumption thus lessening the effects of global warming in the long run. Besides it is not only eco-friendly it also turns out to be business-friendly for you by cutting down the costs incurred on regular office supplies and unnecessary mass use of these products.
Manufacturers of environment friendly office supplies provide us with highest quality recycled content, processed chlorine free papers and envelopes, remanufactured office products like MICR Lasers, copier and fax printer toner cartridges and office papers, stationeries, business cards and envelopes all made up of recycled paper. Other frequently used office supplies that are replaced with eco-friendly material are wall calendars, memo pads, desk pads, pocket folders, day timers and appointment calendars. All these are made up of 100% post consumer fibers and 100% recycled paper.
Opting for refurbished office items instead of constantly replacing the old with new is also a good way to contribute to the environment. Refill your laser print cartridges instead of replacing it with a new one. This reduces a lot of landfill waste and avoids unnecessary accumulation of toxic substances present in those cartridges when they are disposed away regularly in huge quantities. There are also printers available that are made up of recycled material. However, without your personal contribution the actual motive of usage of these recycled materials is rather incomplete. So in your own little way you can avoid overuse of these valuable yet simple products in the office by adopting certain means of conservation.
For instance, instead of printing on one side you can utilize both the sides. In fact, if possible you may even want to use email or bulletin boards to further reduce the use of paper. And while we are at it, you may also know that electricity is obtained from sources that may soon face depletion so you can do your part in powering down its usage by making it a habit to turn off your computer, printer, fax machine or scanner when not in use. Adopt these little steps and you are already on your way to securing a promising future to the coming generation.
Eco-friendly Products Do Wonders
Buying Eco friendly products is becoming more and more popular. But what are the pros and cons of trying to make purchases in an eco friendly way?
Cost: Buying environmentally friendly can cost more initially.
Harder to find: You can run to the local chain store and find almost anything you need. But is it your best choice for the environment? Probably not. Eco friendly products can be more difficult to locate.
Research: To find products that are friendly environmentally you need to do a little research into the companies and organizations that sell the products. Do their products really run on solar power alone? Are their products made from recycled materials as they claim? Make sure you get what you pay for and receive the energy savings expected.
Long term savings: Earth friendly products are energy efficient. This means they are not only good for the environment, but they'll save you money in the long run due to lower fuel bills. Most eco-friendly products are well made and will last longer than their cheaper made comparisons.
Health benefits: Eco-friendly products are designed to make you and your family live healthier lives. Purer water, organic foods, reduced allergens, less processed food. It's not just about the Earth becoming healthier; it's about your family reaping health benefits, also.
Less waste: When you buy in bulk you reduce extra packaging that individually wrapped products require. Less packing, less trash. By reusing the back side of paper you have less paper to throw away. When you cut down on paper products and use cloth napkins you cut down on waste. Everything adds up to less waste in the landfill and less emptying the garbage can for you.
Develops Habits: Buying Earth friendly products is a habit like any other. The more you do it, the more it seems like the natural thing to do. It also teaches your children to maintain the same habit. As they grow older they'll make eco-friendly choices automatically.
Sometimes the secret to living a more eco-friendly life is locating the right sources of products. The good news is, when you find a source for good products they'll usually have a large selection that have already been researched and approved. Find an organization you trust so you can feel good about taking their recommendations.
Buying Earth friendly products can quickly become a way of life once you weigh all the pros and cons.
Glendale Eco Steam Carpet Cleaning